Seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our head office team.
Clear Sky is a charity established to support children and young people who have experienced trauma and difficult life circumstances through specialist Play & Creative Arts Therapy services. We believe that children should have the earliest opportunity to make positive change to help them develop into confident, happy kids!
Salary: £7.83 per hour (£6,107.40 pro rata)
Terms: 12-month contract, 15 hours per week with some weekends (6 training weekends per year).
Based at: Clear Sky Tower, The Manor House, Little Wittenham, OX14 4RA
Main Job Purpose: To support the Clear Sky Head Office team by providing administrative assistance, ensuring that our services are run and managed effectively.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- General Administration
- Administrative support for the Clear Sky Head Office Team for all services including Play & Creative Arts Therapy, Play for Parents and Play for Practitioners.
- Be responsible for the daily running of an organised office.
- Organisation and maintenance of clear filing systems.
- To be a main point of contact for anyone contacting the Clear Sky office via telephone or email regarding our services.
- To respond to contact requests that come via the Clear Sky website.
- Ordering supplies for the running of the Clear Sky office.
- Maintenance of play kit items for Playful Parents and ordering of additional resources as required.
- Cashing cheques.
- Managing Clear Sky Team calendars and booking meeting rooms.
- Take minutes for team meetings.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
- Marketing Administration
- To research interesting content (articles, blogs etc.) for social media.
- Providing support with marketing mail shots (snail mail and e-marketing).
- Events & Training
- To facilitate the setting up and clearing up before and after Clear Sky events at Head Office.
- To organise signage for events to ensure attendees arrive at Head Office.
- To print all materials for training & events.
- To be responsible for the technical set up at events (laptop, projector, speakers).
- To be responsible for the printing and collation of materials and equipment required for external events (e.g. conferences, workshops, fundraising events).
- Support the Service Administrator in the management of internal events for staff.
- To act as a PA/secretary for the Head Office team to organise diaries, take phone calls and messages, and deal with emails as required.
- To have overall responsibility for the info@ email address for Clear Sky, responding to emails and forwarding them to relevant team members.
- Impact and Monitoring
- Data entry for all Clear Sky services including qualitative and quantitative data.
- To ensure that impact of our services is always kept up to date and current to feed into to our marketing and communications strategy.
- To create end of course impact reports for Playful Parents programme.
- To be responsible for our mass mailing of fundraising letters.
- To send thank you letters and acknowledgments of donations received.
- To maintain our database of donors applied to for funding and outcomes of the application.
- To record donations received along with any restrictions around funding in liaison with our Fundraiser.
- To be responsible for administration surrounding fundraising events.
- Source and coordinate donations for fundraising events (e.g. raffle prizes).
Relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Administrative experience is essential.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and a proactive, organised attitude towards tasks.
- Must be able to cope with several tasks at once and be able to cope under pressure.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills.
- This post requires good operating knowledge of Microsoft Windows package including, Word and Excel, as well as use of the internet and email.
- Experience of working in an office environment and an ability to plan and prioritise one’s own work is essential.
Please see attached Admin Assistant Vacancy Description and Person Specification.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Sophia Giblin firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be perfect for this job and how you fit in with Clear Sky’s Rainbow Values.
Clear Sky’s Rainbow Values
- We are a mindful team
- We let every child shine
- We create safe spaces
- We are playful
- We never, ever give up
The closing date for applications is 19th April 2018.