WIN A FREE Place on Heart-to-Heart Professional Practitioner Training Worth £220
Do you work with children and families? Enter our competition on Twitter or Facebook to win a place on the highly regarded Heart-to-Heart Training for Professional Practitioners on 18th & 19th November 2017.
The rules are simple, on Twitter retweet our competition tweets with the hashtag #❤️ClearSky. On Facebook, ‘love’ the competition post and comment with ❤️. A winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 31st October 2017. Don’t worry if you have already booked your place; if you are selected as the winner we will refund the cost of your ticket.
For our existing followers you’ve already done 50% of the work already. It’s that simple!
To ensure you are eligible to enter and for prize details, please see our Terms & Conditions below.
Heart-to-Heart was developed by big toes little toes Director, Debi Maskell-Graham, and is delivered in partnership with Clear Sky Children’s Charity. This course offers family practitioners a fun and effective early intervention attachment programme for parents or carers and their children or teens to attend together.
- This 2 day CPD accredited training weekend is suitable for practitioners working closely with parents and carers of children and teens; such as therapists, social workers, teaching and support staff, charity workers and family outreach workers
- Practitioners can deliver this 1:1, in groups or through a home-visiting model
- Training is held at Clear Sky HQ, Oxfordshire
- Training is split across two approximate age ranges; 5-9 years and 10-15 years.
This flexible programme is based on the latest attachment research which shows that supporting the parent-child attachment relationship sets the scene for the best outcomes for children right into adulthood. Adolescence can be a challenging time for parents and carers and this programme offers an ideal opportunity to share and experience new and empowering evidence based knowledge with families.
The Benefits for Families:
- Practitioners can develop supportive networks by offering local sessions designed specifically for parents or carers and their children or teens which may continue long after the programme ends
- Parents or carers and their children will come together through enjoyable, interactive and low key activities which help strengthen their relationship in a contained and nurturing group
- All group members will be equipped with the latest science of attachment and encouraged to develop attachment skills using a wide variety of enjoyable activities including multi-media clips provided, lego modelling and the occasional junk sculpture
- Families will explore all aspects of middle childhood and teen development including the amazing changes happening in prepubescent and teenage brains, why teens turn nocturnal and other wonderful aspects of emotional, neurological and psychological development
- Practitioners will share evidence based tools and techniques with all group members to help them manage stress and develop resilience
- To empower practitioners with a strong grounding in the latest attachment theory and research including what we now know about how attachment security is operationalised within the parent-child relationship
- To equip professionals with all the knowledge, confidence, resources and practical skills to deliver Heart-to-Heart programmes including specialist attachment skills to as many families as possible
- To provide delegates with access to online printable resources to support delivery including an example 6 week programme and additional creative resources
- To share pre- and post-programme outcome measures
- To reward participants with a Heart-to-Heart Practitioner Certificate and 12 CPD points
© big toes little toes, 2016
Debi Maskell-Graham has over 30 years’ experience of working with families and children. She is passionate about empowering parents and carers with new attachment knowledge and evidence based skills to help strengthen the parent-child relationship from within.
As a Play Therapist, Researcher, Trainer and Consultant she is known for her ability to translate the very latest in empirical attachment research into accessible, effective and playful practice. She has published widely including policy and governmental reports. Her book “Reflective Functioning and Play: strengthening attachment relationships in families from pregnancy to adolescence” is included in the price of this course.
For further information on the course click here.
Reading Time: 4 minutes
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- How to Enter
1.1. To enter on Twitter, entrants must retweet the competition post with the hashtag #H2HClearSky
1.2. To enter on Facebook, entrants must like the competition post and comment with why it’s important to work together with parents or carers and their children to support the child’s emotional wellbeing
1.3. One winner will be selected at random, using software, from the entries across both Twitter and Facebook
- When to Enter and Who can Enter
2.1. The competition opens on Tuesday 17th October 2017 at 09:00 and closes on Tuesday 31st October 2017 at 23:59
2.2. Entrants can enter at any point between these dates and times
2.3. Entrants can only enter the competition once, but can like, share, comment, tweet and RT as many times as they choose
2.4. The competition is only open to professional practitioners aged 18 years or over who have a relevant first qualification or are experienced in working with children and families (for example, Play Therapists, social workers, teaching staff, charity workers, family outreach workers, nursery staff, health staff, children’s centre staff) excluding employees and agents of Clear Sky Children’s Charity and anyone professionally connected with the administration of the competition
3.1. The prize for winning the competition will be a place on the 2 day Professional Practitioner Training: Heart-to-Heart on Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th November 2017
3.2. The prize is as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by Clear Sky Children’s Charity, the prize is not transferable and must be taken by the winner in person
3.3. The winner must be available to attend the training on Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th November 2017 between the hours of 9:30 – 16:00
3.4. The location for the training is: The Manor House, Little Wittenham, Abingdon OX14 4RA
3.5. All refreshments and a light lunch will be provided. We will request information regarding any special dietary requirements or food allergies upon prize confirmation
3.6. Travel & accommodation is not included. We can provide a list of popular hotels nearby (please note, we have not visited these hotels ourselves so would always recommend you check reviews before booking)
- Data Protection and Publicity
4.1. You consent to your surname, photograph and basic information about you being disclosed on Clear Sky Children’s Charity digital channels or other media if you win any Prizes under the Competition
4.2. Any personal data relating to the participant will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. By entering the Competition, you agree that Clear Sky Children’s Charity may contact you in relation to the Competition
4.3. The competition winner will be contacted by Clear Sky Children’s Charity. You must provide accurate contact details on notification. On being contacted, the winner will be asked to confirm age and relevant professional experience
4.4. Clear Sky Children’s Charity reserves the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winners for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness
- Competition Rules
5.1. The Competition will be run and the prize will be awarded at Clear Sky Children’s Charity sole discretion
5.2. We reserve the right to refuse entry into the Competition
5.3. We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date terms and conditions on the Clear Sky Website and in the case of a discrepancy between these terms and conditions and those on the Website, the Website terms and conditions will apply. Your continued use of the website will constitute your acceptance of the new rules and/or Terms and Conditions
5.4. All intellectual property rights in the images and materials on the Website, and used in the services provided by Clear Sky Children’s Charity are owned by Clear Sky Children’s Charity and big toes little toes and no person may make any use of them without Clear Sky Children’s Charity and big toes little toes express permission
- Liability and Indemnities
6.1. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Clear Sky Children’s Charity and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
6.1.1. any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
6.1.2. any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize;
6.1.3. any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond Clear Sky Children’s Charity reasonable control
6.2. Clear Sky Children’s Charity does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet or technical difficulties of any kind
6.3. Clear Sky Children’s Charity shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses
6.4. You agree to indemnify Clear Sky Children’s Charity against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with Clear Sky Children’s Charity
6.5. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network
7.1. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law. England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions